BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Texas Time!!!

Being a mom, nana and a wife is a gift, one to be treasured!! I have to say that it is the best part of life for it is what I live for. My kids and husband are everything to me! I worry, pray, fuss, worry, pray... you get the message. There isn't a waking moment that they are not on my mind. Oh how I wish I had endless money so I could go anytime I am needed. This time I was lucky that my husband had a free ticket, that he works hard to get, that I could use to fly to Texas to help Ben, Ang and the kids get settled into their new home. It's always a challenge when you move to a new place. There is the unpacking, the organizing, familiarizing and the list goes on. We were able to get a lot done in the 12 days that I was there. Lucky that the kids had a couple of days off of school for the fair and a teacher day so when we were ready for the older ones to go to school, it was time. They were nervous but things worked out the best that they could. There are ALOT of brown haired kids in their school! They came home with smiles which made the rest of us breathe a sigh of relief. It's scarey but they did it and will be fine. It's also a great blessing to have the church in our lives. It gives us an anchor that we can use to stabblize us while we figure out what is going on. I am impressed with the love that the people in their ward showed them. I feel so blessed and comforted to know that they are in good hands as I leave Texas to go back to California. I will miss the smiles of all the kids, but mostly Ryan's smile cause it melts my heart. Anabelle is so sweet and so intense that she can't help herself! She is a cutie and became a quick friend. Tally is the clown of the family and we hear of her Pre K class as well, no big surprise there! Sammy is the quiet one who makes sure everyone is happy! She isn't loud like Tally or Anabelle but she will make sure things are going like they should. Alaura is at the age where things are more serious and she isn't sure how she fits in. She likes playing with Ben but only for a while and then she tries to play with the girls but they can be so silly. She will figure her place out. Little Ben is a great big brother and specially to Ryan. He is glad to have a new friend named Jared, just like his dad when we lived in Texas.  I really can't think of a better way to spend time than with family. I love hearing their prayers and how they play and the things that excite them. I love the chatter they make and the laughs. It will be quiet at my house and while I won't mind it for a while, I will still hear them in my mind. I am grateful I was able to go to Texas, happy to know they are in good hands and in a great home. Family is what it's all about, nothing matters more except the Gospel and hey that's what it's about too!!!!

1 comments:

Travis & Adrienne said...

Sounds like it was a marvelous time! What a blessing you were able to go down and help them settle in their new place. Your family is moving EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm so glad you commented on my blog because I'm now going to follow you here as well as facebook! YAY for stalkers!! ;)