BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Adventure!



So since moving to Hollister in July, I have been wanting to work at the hospital that I live behind. Its a little hospital and well I just thought it would be a great idea to work there. I have no experience so that didn't happen. I did, however, notice when I had to go to the hospital for some blood work for my new patient work up, that they have volunteers that help out there! I thought great I should check into that and put that idea in my back pocket and went on with life. I do love this little town and I have been trying to find somethings to fill my days that are useful and of worth. I was at the high school watching Cassie's volleyball game when this petite white haired cute woman sat down next to me. She was very pleasant and had lived in Hollister for over 40 years. We chatted for a little while and she knew about the food pantry and volunteered there. Wow that was a place that Adam and I needed to volunteer at. I was so happy about that. We chatted about where she lived and where I lived and we live a stones throw away from each other. She then told me that she volunteers at the hospital and that they could use some help there!!!! Ding ding ding!!! I was at this point Way excited and couldn't hardly hold in my excitement. We exchanged numbers and figured I would call her in a day or too. Didn't want to seem TOO excited. Well the next day she called me and the ball started rolling really fast from there. I had to get shots and tests and so on but now I am officially a Hazel Hawkins Hospital volunteer. I will be an escort to those that come in and need to be taken to other areas of the hospital. When  I met with the head of volunteers she also mentioned that the hospital gift shop was short help as well and you guessed it I will work there too!!! I have to say the people there have treated me like a long lost friend and I am really excited to start this week with my training. I know dreams come true and that we are watched over. My new friend Dotty was there watching the volleyball game, cause years ago she used to substitute teach there and a friend of hers was watching a grand daughter in the game before Cassie's, but she was there so she could tell me that I was needed and the rest is history. I am way excited to start my new adventure as a hospital volunteer at Hazel Hawkins Hospital in Hollister Ca!!! Here are a couple of beautiful pictures of me in my new outfit!!! LOL!

5 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

You look great as a hospital volunteer! SO excited for you!

Wendy said...

thanks! andrea, I am excited!

Travis & Adrienne said...

I think it's awesome you're trying something new! Kuddos to you for being willing to go on a little adventure.

I'm sure the other employees/volunteers will quickly come to love you. You will totally bring happiness and light into that hospital. :)

Wendy said...

Thats really nice Adrienne!!! Thank you!!!

Tori de Hoyos said...

woot woot for mom!!