So there are a few cool things about living in a little town. Everyone is friendly and a lot of people know each other and are happy to know you. They also do things together and everyone comes to support each other. The town had their holiday parade, where you have floats and bands and all sorts of things. Our church had a float that had the nativity scene, with all the normal things, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, Wise men, shepherds and this year they even had llamas. Well since its a small town lots of people are involved or get asked to be involved. Well this year Ben got asked and to my surprise said " yes " to being one of the Wise men. The parade didn't last too long and it ended with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Our float was the only one with the real meaning of Christmas and that was cool. We also have a tree lighting ceremony and bazzares ( like the olden days where there are crafts and quilts, candies, plants etc) and even a Christmas talent night with mostly singing but some dancing! It has been great fun. I have to say its made me smile a lot more. I have been watching all the sappy Christmas shows on the Hallmark channel cause I LOVE THEM and it's kinda reminded me of one of them. It feels like everyone is happier and smiling a little more.It feels like Christmas even though it's 60 degrees outside and the grass is green and there are still flowers blooming! We did find a tree farm where we were able to go and cut down a " California Christmas tree". Its different than the others over the years but its still cool. The house is all decorated and the feeling of Peace on Earth is here. Wish it was world wide. We are doing a walk through Bethlehem for our Ward Christmas party and I have been helping with those that will be the actors and it should be great. I love Christmas too because my Dad loved it. He was like a little kid with excitement and it was hard not to be just as excited as he was. He loved decorating the tree, and buy lots of candy so we could eat til our stomachs hurt. He just loved Christmas! I think that is one of the reasons I love it so much too. This year we are starting a new set of traditions in Hollister, Ca, and so far it's a keeper! Here are a few pictures of our " Wise Guy" ( I

mean Man! )
1 comments:
LOVE THE COSTUME!!!
I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet thing to have to start new traditions and leave some of the older ones out, but it sounds like you're loving the many opportunities/blessings awaiting you in Hollister. I especially love some of the town traditions. It makes me want to move to a little city...
Don't get me wrong, your wonderful family is totally missed here but it sounds like you guys are where you NEED to be!
Love you!
Post a Comment